



We made doughnut holes today. They were so tasty! Very rich and gooey and yummy! Here's the recipe I used:
1 3/4 cup flour
1/2 c sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2Tbs butter, melted (or oil or shortening)
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup plain yogurt ( I used vanilla because it's what I had, but I used a full fat version, like the big tubs you buy instead of the individual yogurts)
Mix it up, put dough in fridge for 30 min. fill frying pan 1/4 - 1/2 way with oil, don't make it the heat TOO high or the outside will cook too fast and the inside will be doughy. Don't make your balls the size you want them. Make them smaller than that because they expand. Watch for them to turn golden and turn them over.
You can make pumpkin by adding 1/2 can of pumpkin puree and 1 1/2tsp pumpkin pie spice. If you do that just compensate by not putting in as much yogurt.
For a glaze you just mix confectioners sugar and 4 tbs of milk. Really just eye it for the consistency you want. Or you can roll them in regular sugar or powdered or cinnamon and sugar. Or you can melt down chocolate, dark or milk then roll them in that, sprinkle them and put them in the fridge.
I prefer the glazed ones. They are soooo gooey and delicious! The chocolate would have been better with a semi sweet chocolate, but all I had was milk chocolate. You can really get creative with the coatings. It was hit here!

No comments:
Post a Comment