Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Crucible


My brother, David, is in the midst of The Crucible. He started at 2am this morning. We're all so very proud of him. The Crucible lasts for 54 hours and during that time they are allotted three meals and 8 hours sleep. TOTAL. It is extremely grueling and helps to simulate the battlefield and prepare the recruits. After this 54 hour period, my little brother will become a Marine. My parents are going to drive down to Parris Island, SC for his graduation ceremony and he flies home on the 13th. Please pray for him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Jessie Thank you for putting this out there.

Its a beautiful picture too.

Thank you everyone for your prayers

mom

The Chandlers said...

I've had a lot of replies to my email about people praying for David. Thank you Branna, Lisa, Michele, Lisa R., Fran and Melissa.

Kat said...

I prayed for him after getting your email and I'll continue to pray for him....Hugs!