So there is a new change in my diet. For right now, it's just mine that's changing, but as I do the grocery shopping, it'll most likely be all of us eventually. Basically my stomach has been a wreck for the last month. I'm having a lot of issues and I am at my wits end. After doing some research and talking to some people, I've decided that I need to cut out wheat and dairy. It's actually not has hard as it sounds. There are tons of things I can still eat. Basically any other grain (oat, rice, for example). I can eat potatoes. I also can use dairy alternatives. That will be rice milk and almond milk. I don't do soy because of the effect it can have on estrogen in the body and that freaks me out. I will be eating yogurt though for the good bacteria.
Basically wheat and dairy are very hard on the body to digest. If your gut is trying to work on healing itself, but then having to struggle to digest foods, it'll be a slow process. Some people even have something called celiac disase which actually effects more than just their gut. Some symptoms include:
Celiac Symptoms- unexplained iron-deficiency anemia
- fatigue
- bone or joint pain
- arthritis
- bone loss or osteoporosis
- depression or anxiety
- tingling numbness in the hands and feet
- seizures
- missed menstrual periods
- infertility or recurrent miscarriage
- canker sores inside the mouth
- an itchy skin rash called dermatitis herpetiformis
So this is me now! Pray for me. Oh and to be clear, I don't have celiac, just pointing out how gluten can effect people.
4 comments:
Hi Jess, That is a good idea...hope you will feel better..sounds like something you all can eventually do! ...but can you have pasta? :) Love, Fran
I can have rice pasta. I actually made rice pasta and homemade sauce last night and it was great!
Alright so maybe I'll use soy. I just bought some silk LOL. I'll give it a try.
Good luck with your new diet changes! Sound like a healthy change too.
Post a Comment