Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Praise God!


Matthew 7:7-11

7"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

8"For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.

9"Or what man is there among you who, when his son asks for a loaf, will give him a stone?

10"Or if he asks for a fish, he will not give him a snake, will he?

11"If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give what is good to those who ask Him!


Well my jaw disc had been dislocated for the last two weeks following a routine extraction. I saw an oral surgeon yesterday (the one who dislocated it) and he scheduled me for surgery on Friday morning so he could go in and manipulate my jaw and disc to try and work back into place. Up until now I had been unable to open my mouth to chew and eat properly. If I did chew it exhausted my jaw and caused a lot of tension and pain. So as I said I was scheduled yesterday for surgery on Friday morning.

I had been praying and praying and felt that God was calling for me to petition him and lean on him. I've spent a lot of time praying, not just for my jaw, but for my relationship with Him in general. Any way this morning I woke up....my jaw is back to normal. I can open it WIDE. Without pain! I can eat, brush my teeth, etc. It is amazing. I mean I literally was healed overnight while I slept. Praise God!